Heidelberg United (HUFC) has been taking decisive action to help keep the HUFC community safe since the escalation of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Our key focus is always the safety, health and wellbeing of our players, staff, families, fans and members alike
HUFC, as with other affiliated bodies, is adhering to directions and advice from Australian and State Governments.
To date, we have not been informed of any confirmed coronavirus case at HUFC.
We know that coronavirus presents significant challenges and concerns for our community. HUFC has an Infection Prevention and Control Policy to assist our club and community.
As Government directions change, will continue to update our members.
What we have done
- Suspended all football training / matches till further notice from our governing bodies.
- Closed the club rooms
- Increased the use of cleaning, hand sanitisers and promotion of good hygiene.
- Adhered to social distancing principles(external link) where it is appropriate and practicable to do so.
- Kept HUFC operating by supporting greater flexibility to enable staff to work remotely, as well as other options that best suit individual staff circumstances.
What we are doing
- Responding quickly to Government advice and directions.
- Keeping the HUFC community informed of important developments.
- Implementing measures to mitigate an outbreak, including measures around health, hygiene, and general wellbeing of the HUFC community.
- Planning for potential scenarios and impacts to ensure the safety of our staff.
What we want you to do
- Continue to follow good hygiene practices(external link).
- Follow social distancing principles(external link).
- If you are feeling unwell please contact the govt’s Coranavirus hotline
- Most importantly, look after yourself.
Official coronavirus (COVID-19) info & advice
Leading authorities have compiled a range of resources to keep us informed about coronavirus.
- Australia: Department of Health(external link)
- Victoria: Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)(external link) (see the DHHS translated resources(external link), or Ethnolink(external link) for this information in languages other than English)
- Victoria: coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline 1800 675 398
- New South Wales: Department of Health(external link)
- Coronavirus information in languages other than English: 131 450
- International: World Health Organization(external link).